Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Sunday, March 28, 2010

CRAFTY HOS' WEEKLY CHALLENGE - INSPIRATION

Greetings everyone!!  I am blogging today from Orlando, FL!:)  A little late on my posts this am - we spent yesterday at Disney's Magic Kingdom and it was fun, but EXHAUSTING!  Had a bit of trouble getting myself out of bed this am.  Anyway, getting caught up on my posting now, so here's my card for this week's CRAFTY HOS' CHALLENGE, make sure you visit the BLOG and get your projects in!  Also, you will not want to miss all the AMAZING work from the DT this week.

This week we had an Inspiration challenge and our inspiration is the Jelly Bean Prayer:

Red is for the blood He gave,
Green is for the grass He made.
Yellow is for the sun so bright,
Orange is for the edge of night.
Blue is for the sins we made,
White is for the grace He gve.
Purple is for His hour of sorrw,
Pink is for our new tomorrow!
A bag fulll of jelly beans,
So colorful and sweet.
Is a prayer, is a promise. . .
Is a special treat!

(Think, easter, spring, rainbow, jelly beans... etc.)
 
For this card, I embossed the background with Sizzix EF.  Base is SU summer sun CS.  Then I sponged SU Only Orange ink over embossed areas.  Rose red is 2nd layer.  I then stamped SU set on SU glossy CS
using Staz-On.  I then used crayon resist technique by crayoning over certain areas with white crayon.  I then colored the leaves using SU markers - green galore, certainly celery.  Finally, daubed over everything using SU rose red, summer sun and tangerine tango inks.  Thanks for looking, let me know what you think!  Also, make sure you head on over to CRAFTY HOs' and join us!

2 comments:

Cindy N. said...

You lucky girl! Disney! yipeee! So much fun. Your card is beautiful. I wish you a beautiful trip.

Rae Anne said...

What a beautiful and serene card Hippie! MWAH!