Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY AT SHELLY'S IMAGES

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I have a simple tutorial to share with you today.  Unfortunately, I cannot get my finished card picture to turn out very well - something with the lighting I'm using and I just am not that experienced of a photographer to figure it out. Today is a technique that I've heard called diamond dust and it's very simple and the results are cool:)
Supplies needed: Clear embossing or diamond embossing powder.  I used JudiKins Iridescent sparkle.  Versa mark ink and embossing gun. 
Color and cut out your image.  I used this FABULOUS images from SHELLY'S IMAGES SHOP
Ink entire image with Versa Mark - make sure it's all covered.
Next, cover image with embossing powder
Heat with embossing gun until powder has completely melted.  You're left with a cool sparkly image:)
Here's my finished project, as I said, just couldn't get the lighting right, but I hope you get a feel for how cool it can really look.  I hope you enjoyed this!!
I colored the image with Copics, Atyou Spicas and Sakura souffle pens.  Sentiment computer generated and cut with SU punch.  Papers are embossed with Cuttlebug and Sizzix EFs.  Flowers, rhinestones and brads are from Doodlebug Designs.  CS used is SU not quite navy, old olive and yo yo yellow and Bazzill red.

This card is also for the following challenges:
CRAZY CHALLENGE - hearts and love
HANNA & FRIENDS - sketch
STAMPIN ROYALTY - colors not quite navy, old olive, daffodil delight and cherry cobbler or similar.

Thanks so much for looking:)

12 comments:

Shalini said...

thanks for sharing Audrey

Unknown said...

Great tutorial Audrey! There are so many fantastic techniques that it is easy to overlook some. Thanks for sharing this one with us. :)

Me said...

Thats cool,thnx for sharing.

Grtzz Marjon

bernietom47 said...

Great technique. TFS Love the way the card turned out.
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

Manuela said...

Lovely card! ♥ Great take on my sketch! =)

Thanks for joining us at Hanna & Friends this week. ^_^

Hugs,
¤Manuela¤

Kiki said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Hanna & Friends this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Anne said...

very pretty card and a great tut too. Thanks for playing along with the crazy challenge this week
Anne x

:: BlueInks :: said...

Really cool, Hip. I would have never thought of that. You are so crafty!!!

Marley said...

Wow thats great! Thanks for sharing, it looks so glitterly! xx Marley

Renate´s Stempelwelt said...

oh very nice card :))) very cute!!

thanks for joining HANNA&FRIENDS.
LG Renate

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Cute card, lovely & bright
Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy' this week
hugs Shell xx

Jennie Garcia said...

I like the juxtaposition of the different embossing folders!! That is cute :)