Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, September 30, 2010

SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY - TRICK OR TREAT

Happy Thursday everyone!!  I have been so busy trying to clean out my craft room, that I haven't done a lot of blogging this week so far, but that will change as we head toward the weekend.  I hope everyone has been having a great week  and I have some fun info. to share!

Please make sure you visit SOFTPENCIL BLOG to find out all the WONDERFUL stuff going on at SOFTPENCIL.   First, there's 6 new calendars available, 3 already colored and 3 that you can color.  Here's some examples, look how cute!

Also, there's an adorable new image that you'll want to see and of course, have for your collection:)  In addition, SOFTPENCIL is sponsoring the challenge at LOLLIPOP CRAFTS this week and the theme is Glitter, Sparkle and Gems.  You have til Saturday, Oct. 2 at 8pm to get your project done and linked over there, so go check it out!

Today is the LAST DAY of the BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE SEPTEMBER SALE, so hurry on over to SOFTPENCIL SHOP to take advantage of this AWESOME sale!!

This week the DT got to work with TRICK OR TREAT and this image was super fun to work with.  I colored some of my image with Copics, then did masking using vellum and did the sky using my Copic air brush system.  I think it turned out pretty cool.  Here's some samples from my process of creating the image.


Then, I finished coloring the image after the airbrushing and added the moom and some outlines, etc.  Papers are DP - Echo Park and SU CS (think it's pumpkin pie).  Quickutz dies used for scalloped piece and long rectangle.  Image cut with nesties and corner piece done with EK Success punch.  Blinging bats are from Michaels, ribbon from Michaels, sentiment from Hero Arts clear set, stamped with Staz-On jet black, cut with SU punch, daubed with SU peach parfait.  I also went over girl's hat, boy's cape and bats' bellies with JudiKins glaze for some extra shine and dimension.  Hope you like it, let me know what you think:)

 This card was also created for the following challenges:
SKETCH SATURDAY - sketch
GINGERLOFT - Halloween
TUESDAY THROWDOWN - punches
ONE STITCH AT A TIME - anything goes
CRAZY4CHALLENGES - bling
DRUNKEN STAMPERS - fall scene
CORROSIVE CHALLENGES - masking
LOLLIPOP CRAFTS - glitter, bling, sparkle

15 comments:

Rosalee said...

Cleaning out the scrap room is definitely not one of my favorite jobs to do but I guess it has to be done once in a while, especially after crafting none-stop for a couple of days. It does look wonderful however once it done.
Awesome looking card Audrey. Love the masking technique, I've never tried it but it sure looks fun. Love the little bats and the paper you used looks great. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Pam said...

The little children are so cute!

martina's kaartjes said...

Pretty card !
greetings, martina
x

Jill said...

Really fun card again Audrey, just love those bats! Jill x

Jo said...

Such a fun card, love it! :)
Thank you for joining us at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Me said...

What a great card and a great tutorial.

Grtzz Marjon

Janet said...

omg how cute is this? thanks for playing at the corrosive challenge:)
hugs

Kerry said...

Woo... what a super cool technique! Have try give it a try!!! Super cute card!!!

Gem said...

a wonderful creation! Thanks for joining in this week at OSAAT! Gemma :) x

Elizabeth P said...

Amazing card Audrey!!! I love how you colored the sky and the glaze you added! so beautiful! :)

Anne-Marije said...

Oh this is so lovely...
xxx Anne-Marije

Betty J Schaub said...

cuteness!!!! neat embellishing!

bernietom47 said...

What a fun card!!! My craft room is so tiny it doesn't take long before I find myself forced into a tiny corner. Seems I'm constantly cleaning it but before long I'm back in the corner again. LOL!
Blessings Bernie

Agnieszka M said...

Your Card is adorable. I like it (image, colour and your design).
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us at OSAAT this week. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Diane Davies said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. : )