Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IT'S CLASSIC TODAY WITH JUST SOME LINES


Hello everyone!  Here I am back with you today with my JUST SOME LINES BLOG post for the day.  After beginning the day with my 2 sickies, I had to pick up another one of my kids at school at 9:30am b/c he was not feeling well.  So, it has been a pretty bad day, which is also why my post for today is later than usual.  I hope all of you are safe and healthy!

For my creation today, I went with a more "classic" feel to my card.  I usually use a lot of bright colors in my creations, but today I went with black, white and red.  I chose Winter Robin 2 from JUST SOME LINES SHOP.  I love the wide variety of images that Jehanne has in the shop and this one was great fun to color with my Copics.  I added ribbon from SU (wide striped), Michael's (white/red) and lace from Hobby Lobby.  Button is from random button assortment I found at Michael's, silver cord from SU.  Sizzix EF used on white Copic Xpress paper, red and black CS from Core-dinations and DP behind image is Doodlebug Design.  Sentiment from Verve cut with Creatables die and image and backing DP cut with Nellie's dies.  I hope you like it and that it will provide some inspiration to try some of Jehanne's great variety of images!!

Additional Challenges entered:

CRAFTY CREATIONS CHALLENGES – Valentine’s
BELLI CHALLENGE – fancy frames
FRESH BREWED DESIGNS – buttons and bows
L'IL RED WAGON – 2 different ribbon
PENNY'S PAPER-CRAFTY CHALLENGES – ribbon and buttons
RUBY'S RAINBOW – Valentines in red and black
SCRAPBOOK SISTERS – Valentine’s
CRAFTER'S COMPANION – love is in the air
CREATALICIOUS CHALLENGES – love
PRETTY LITTLE RIBBON SHOP – ribbon and Valentine’s Day
REALLY REASONABLE RIBBON – ribbon and Valentine’s
COME AND GET IT CHALLENGES – sketch

20 comments:

Rosalee said...

Cute card Audrey. I love the black, white and red color combo. The image you used it cute too. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. TFS.

Glennis F said...

I like your colour combo

Crafty Loops said...

Another gorgeous card. Lee x

Lorraine said...

hi hun what a fab card i just love the image and your colours and layout look fabtastic too have a good evening sweetie xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Audrey, This is lovely great colour combo and lovely image like the layout and the embellishments too!:) Sandra H

Julie said...

Fab card - hope your little ones are feeling better! xx

cebelica said...

Such an elegant card. I love the embossed background and great colour combination. Lotsa love! xx

Sarah said...

So cute! I love the pretty bow.

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

craftyb said...

Cute lil guy...your card is fab! LOVE the wide trim. hope you can join us at Crafty Creations challenges again soon!bx

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card!

Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our * Valentines/Red & Black * challenge

hope you will join us again soon xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh Audrey
This is stunning! I love the red bird and the beautiful trims you added. So nice to see you :D

Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges buttons and bows challenge!

HUGS!
Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns

Basslady said...

a wonderful creation!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Ang C said...

A great card for our Red and Black challenge at RRC

Thankyou for joining us - hope to see you again soon

Ang

Sheryl said...

Hi Audrey! Your card is lovely! I really like how you used lace with the wide striped ribbon. very pretty. It's always a pleasure to visit your lovely blog!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our Buttons and Bows Challenge!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Robin Parker said...

I love the die you used from Nellies. Thanks for sharing on the Belli Challenge for Frames.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

Shelby said...

Love how you've incorporated all the different ribbons into this gorgeous design! Thanks for joining us at Penny's

Shelby

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card, love the image, many thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious Challenges.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great image and love your colors! Thanks for joining in the Belli challenge- hope to see you next challenge too!