Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Monday, October 8, 2012

TUTORIAL TO SHARE AT INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATION BLOG

Hi everyone!  Well, my week/weekend remained “interesting” – not necessarily in a good way LOL.  On Friday, my main computer started acting up – shutting down automatically for no apparent reason.  By Saturday, we couldn’t even keep the computer on for 5 minutes at a time, so it is now at the “dr.” aka Best Buy.  So, I haven’t been on as much because my hubby and I are now sharing my laptop, plus all files are on the main computer so I am scrambling to try and re-find things or having to find other ways around stuff.  Hoping to have main computer back by end of week, but will depend on what the problem is and how long it takes to fix it.

To add to my "amusing” life’s happenings, our driveway is being redone and they started today.  In the morning, my husband swore that they were only doing the tear up of the sidewalks today and that I didn’t have to move my vehicle to the street, so I left it in the garage.  Then in early afternoon, when I went to go to the grocery, I realized there was no more driveway behind my van!  So, an hr. and a half later, after the poor guys had to construct a makeshift driveway out of the concrete scraps they had removed from the driveway, I got out to go to the grocery.  So, another crazy day in my life (which is actually usually pretty mundane and ordinary!!)

Well, that brings me to my inspiration for today, which you can find at INKY IMPRESSIONS INSPIRATION BLOG.  I have made my own designer paper using tissue paper and a few other supplies.  Hope you will visit the blog to find out how I made this.

Additional Challenges:
COME AND GET IT CHALLENGES – 3 from list (purple, ribbon, gems)
QUIRKY CRAFTS – special moments
SENTIMENTAL SUNDAYS – sentiment and anything goes
THAT CRAFT PLACE – make your own background
A GEM OF A CHALLENGE – for the girls
SEND A SMILE FOR KIDS – die cuts for kids
CATCH THE BUG – anything goes
ALPHABET CHALLENGE – r for repurpose – used tissue paper to create designer paper/background
GUYLOU'S INIMITABILITY – use a fancy die cut
CHARISMA CARDZ – bling

22 comments:

belldoubleyou said...

I love the shape of the sentiment's backing -- a die, I presume? It makes the sentiment work well vertically.

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful little image Audrey, gorgeous colouring love the pearly swirls, so pretty.

luv CHRISSYxx

Eret said...

That is so pretty card and your coloring is awesome! Thank you for sharing how you did the background paper. It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Audrey I love those swirls too hugs Elaine

Sandra H said...

Audrey, Your card is so pretty xx

Carla S. said...

Totally cute card, Audrey! Love the colors and the paper you made! Darling image! Hope you computer gets fixed soon!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card with the swirly swirls Audrey! Love the image!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Susanne said...

Hello Audrey
What a day you have had....your card is very beautiful, I love it!
Have a nice day :) Hugs Susanne

Unknown said...

Love your tissue background paper and the swirly swirls Audrey!

Unknown said...

This is a darling, I love that image and the shades of purple and blue on your card.. sorry to hear about your comp, I really hope you manage to get all your files back.. and that was funny about the driveway :P

sandra said...

So sweet!
Love swirl pearls!
And image is so adorable!
Hugs!
Sandra

paper fun said...

Super cute card. Love your tissue paper techinque.

thank for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a precious card. Love the colors and your coloring of the image. Beautiful background!

Lisa Minckler said...

Bwahahahahahhahaha...LOL! Audrey, that story had me rolling. Not the computer part, that's completely irritating, but the missing driveway...Hahahahha...too funny. I would have loved seeing those guys "build" an exit path for you. Too funny! Maybe not at the time, but it sure made a hysterical post. :D

LOOVE your homemade designer paper and the card is adorable! Hope you get your 'puter soon.
hugs,
Lisa xx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Audrey the card is gorgeous!

Chana Malkah said...

Great job on your tissue paper! Pretty project all around! Thanks for sharing with us at Guylou's Inimitability.
Hugz,
Chana

sgc said...

Hi Audrey! Cute card. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Lesley said...

Very cute card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Recycle, Repurpose' challenge xx

Archana Joshi said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors, image and the sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at setnimental sundays challenge this week.
Hugs,
Archana

Caro said...

Wonderful creation. Thank you so much for joining in with our latest challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

Spyder said...

I love the colour. Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts! I know I popped in early, my comments seem to go walk about!